Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia
Diocese of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand
With the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion
Goodwill Youth Visit
to the Indonesian Orthodox Church
30th of June – 9th of July, 2012
An invitation is extended to young adults (18 – 30) to join a Goodwill Visit to the Indonesian Orthodox Church, (Gereja Orthodox Indonesia), the Indonesian Deanery of our diocese. The trip will include 2 nights in Jakarta, 2 nights in Solo and four nights in Bali.
- Meet the local Indonesian clergy, youth and parishioners and attend Sunday Divine Liturgy at St Thomas Church, Jakarta;
- By air to Solo, central Java to meet the clergy, youth and parishioners of Holy Trinity parish; see the result of Orthodox missionary work;
- By road to visit two nearby mission centres at Boyolali and see a proposed orphanage and volcano refugee relief work;
- By road to Jogjakarta to visit the World Heritage ancient Buddhist complex of Borobudur;
- By air to Bali and based in Ubud; by road to visit Father Aleksander Kobesi (Syezd 2011) and parishioners of St Nicholas parish in Singaraja;
- Includes two free days for relaxation and sightseeing; after Divine Liturgy on the last day serve a panikhida at the Bali Bomb Memorial in Kuta.
The group will be led by Hieromonk Joachim and Deacon Father Konstantine Semovskih. In addition we will be joined by former long-term Bali resident and Bahasa Indonesian speaker Mr Maximos Darnley from St Vladimir’s parish, Centennial Park, NSW.
Cost: approx. $2,000.00
Includes air and road transport, accommodation and most food
Deposit $500.00 payable by the 30th of March
For further information please contact Father Joachim 02 4626 3945
or Deacon Father Konstantine Semovskih 0432 419 361